How you can help
/donateYour help is urgently needed! There are upcoming meetings of the Douglas County Planning Commission and the Douglas County Commission where both industrial-scale wind and solar installations will be discussed. Join us now to show strength in numbers at these events!
On this website you will find, in-depth research, testimonials and much more information on the negative impacts of industrial scale wind and solar installations. It also provides in-depth information and guidance from legal experts on energy company contracts. We encourage all landowners to get information and legal advice before signing a contract for putting any industrial wind or solar installations on their land.
So how can you help:
- Sign a Citizen’s Petition : Click the “Sign our petition” button on each page to download and sign a petition letter informing our elected officials that you do not support having industrial-scale wind or solar installations in Douglas County.
- Come to a Meeting : See the “Events” section for information about upcoming Planning Commission or County Commission meetings where industrial wind and/or solar installations will be discussed.
- Order a T-Shirt : Show your support for our efforts by ordering a DCRPA T-shirt and wearing it to Planning Commission or County Commission meetings. Email us at [email protected] for more information.
- Donate: You can show your support by making a tax-deductible donation to the Douglas County Rural Preservation Association. These donations help pay for our communications outreach, website and other important outreach efforts. Donate Here or email us at [email protected] for more information.
- Follow us on Facebook : Be a part of the ongoing discussion in the “Douglas County Wind and Solar Discussion” group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/658985488894587
- Volunteer : Email us at [email protected] to find out more about our committees and where volunteers are needed!
- Write a letter : Get templates to help you write a letter to the Douglas County Commission or a letter to the editor to express your concerns about having industrial wind or solar installations in Douglas County.
We are always adding new materials, research, data and tools to the website, so check in often for the latest news and developmentDoneat here